Friday, February 23, 2007

h.o.t.

I joined the orientation yesterday and it was boring for me. However, I got to eat 3 different types of pizza from Pizza Haven. YEAH!!! Taste good~!!! We just realised that we can have free coffee, chocolate drink, cappucino etc in the common room. We tried the hot chocolate and it's quite sweet for me.

After the orientation, I went to Michelle's birthday celebration at Happy Meals (a chinese restaurant not McDonald). The dishes are quite nice. And the restaurant is full of people when we got there. We had to share chairs as we only booked a table. As usual, we sang a birthday song and ate cake. We got back to our house at about 10 something. Quite tired but have to meet up with Yijia to discuss about our plan the next day.

Then, I went to Yi Tyeng's room since Yijia was there watching Heroes. We discussed about the printer that they bought and talked about other stuff too. Cheah Yen sang a song to me and I was shocked when she said that Siaw Tze taught her to sing it. So, I called up Siaw Tze and chatted with her for a few minutes. After that, I asked Cheah Yen to explain the lyrics to me since she said that the lyrics are meaningful and she sang it so happily. Haha!! Went back our room at about 12am.

We went to Curtin this morning and I became very frustrated. They said taht we need to get a pair of goggles to use in the laboratory. Since I'm wearing spectacles, I'll have to wear contact lenses or get a specially made goggles with my power. The contact lenses and goggles here will cost about AUD165 and AUD195. It has to depend on one's power. That price is only for Yi Tyeng's power and hers is obviously less than mine which means I'll have to pay more. Yee Fang said that she may be wearing contact lenses. Yi Tyeng stated that the specially made goggles are ugly. Look nerdy in it. Haha!!! I haven't seen one yet. so, I have no idea about it. Luckily, Yi Tyeng told me that according to Kai Ting, if you are wearing a pair of spectacles already, you don't have to get a pair of goggles anymore. That's for her batch. Don't know if this still applies now. PLEASE SAY YES!!!! I don't want to get an ugly pair of goggles. I don't dare to wear contact lenses already. It's a bit freaky to me now after what happened to me last time.

The weather today is extremely HOT. This is what we called SUMMER!!!!! I felt as if I was in an oven when I was on my back in the bus. The weather is freaking HOT. I just can't stand it. I really hope that summer will go away soon. I'm getting darker already. And I don't want to be darker again. =(

No comments: