Thursday, February 08, 2007

5th February 2007


My big day!! Woke up at 4am. I received a text message from Chau Wang at about 12am. I was kinda shocked to receive one message from Sze Ching at 4.07am. Initially, I thought that it was a delayed message. So, I replied both of their messages. Then I received another message from Sze Ching. I asked if he should be sleeping by then and he said that he sleeps at about 5 am everyday. Wow!! Guys’ life.

I checked out with my mom and we waited for Mr. Lee to send us to KLIA. I saw Jaclyn and Cheah Yen at the airport. Then I went to wrap my luggage. It was still early that time. We got the sticker from JPA officers to label our luggage. We need to fill in our name, address and telephone number. Then stick it to our luggage and they are really to be checked in.

JPA officer talked to us for a while and asked us to have our breakfast. He said that we would have to meet at Maybank at 745am if I had not mistaken. So, I went to KFC with my mom and Siaw Tze. Michelle joined us few minutes later. Siaw TZe was like asking my mom something about whether my mom is sad or not. So, my mom started to talk and talk and talk and this made me think about a lot of things. Tears started to accumulate in my eyes. Thanks to Siaw Tze. If nobody mention anything about leaving away from family, I wont drop a tear at all because I'm used to being away from home for about 6 months and I have friends going to study with me. Then, Siaw Tze received a call from someone who called her "jie" and she didn't know who's that at first. She's really at that moment. Finally, she found out it's Jessica. I talked to her for a few minutes too. Then, it was Michelle's turn. Haha!! Taking turns.

When it was about time, we went to the Maybank ATM machine. JPA officer gave us a briefing and gave us a few minutes to say goodbye to our family members. My mom was really sad when I gave my boarding pass to the officer for checking. I could see her tears accumulating in her eyes. I told myself to stay brave and not to cry. I did it. I said goodbye to my mom and left. After that, we used the aerotrain to get to the departure hall to go to Perth.

It was quite fun in the plane as we had TV to watch. I watched 2 movies. Lovewrecked and Just Married. I also listened to songs. Rain’s, Jiang Mei Qi’s, David Tao’s, and other Cantonese singers. Lastly, I watched Jacky Go Go Go for about few minutes. The meal in the plane was fulfilling and yummy.

As we arrived at the airport, we had to declare our stuff but the guy just asked me a few questions and told me to go the lane which have scanner to scan my luggage. So, I didn’t have to open my luggage and show them what I’d got. However, the immigration part was really time-consuming. The queue was extremely long and my cabin luggage was very heavy with my laptop on my shoulders.I think i almost broke my bones!!!

We then went to Goodearth Hotel and I shared a room with Hsiu Li, Michelle and Yee Fang. Next, we had our dinner in a cafe nearby Ole Ole. They sell Malaysian food there. Puan Haslina paid for our dinner that night. Thanks to here. The meal was super expensive. Nasi ayam costs approximately $9. I even shared my drink with Siaw Tze and Michelle. It tasted a bit weird. Not so used to that kinda taste. We got back to the hotel and Puan Haslina gave us some briefing about what to do the next day. They said that the time in Perth is 1 hour earlier than Malaysia and the water from tap is drinkable. However, I’m not used to it yet and it tastes weird. As if there’s a lot of chlorine in it.

I didn't call my mom as I didn't know how to use an IDD call card. We asked the receptionist from Brunei. He's a Chinese. Quite funny. He told us that we'll need to insert a 50 cents coin and follow the instructions on the IDD card. Now, the problem was I didn't have any coins with me. My dad did say if I can't call once I arrive in Perth, I can call anytime convenient to me. Hehe!!

No comments: