Monday, March 02, 2009

MOM'S COOKING IS ALWAYS THE BEST!!!

This is a just random post. These pictures were taken on the 15th day of Chinese New Year. Some family might had their dinner in a restaurant (like Yi Tyeng's) but my family will always have ours at home. My mom is a good cook, seriously. She cooks a lot. That sometimes become an issue. =P

Fried Mee
(my breakfast once a while)

Fried Pork
(the leftover was used to cook sweet and sour pork)

Fried Chicken
(for special occasion only since it's not healthy)

Fried Spring Roll

I don't know what's it called. Only know it's duck. It's very oily but tastes great!

Finally, some vegetable. Haha. Don't know what they call it too. ><

Seafood Soup
(have this soup quite often)

15th day of Chinese New Year is the day I get to enjoy these kind of unhealthy BUT delicious food. Same goes to Chinese New Year Eve. All in all, my mom's cooking is superb! I don't know when I will master it. I don't think I have the time and energy to prepare such a BIG meal for anyone. Proud of my mom. I miss my mom's cooking. I miss home because I get to her cooking everyday. I'm such a big eater. Who cares? Enjoy your life while you can. I didn't take any pictures of food yesterday during Siaw Tze's and Michelle's housewarming. Guess everyone was just so busy talking and eating. =P

5 comments:

t.v. said...

make me even more hungry;)

LiNg WeNg said...

haha... it sure did!!!!!

*jeSSicA* said...

wow, they look great! i'm hungry now! on the 15th day of CNY, i was eating dinner in my room in melb...no chance to eat with family huhu. but we did eat steamboat at home during CNY eve =)

Siew Ting said...

itu duck, i guess, it should be 卤鸭(lu3 ya1)
braised duck....
hahah~~~

LiNg WeNg said...

i know that you went back to melbourne very early.. i should be grateful that i have more time to spend with my family right??? haha...

oh... lu ya like that one ar? haha... only know it's duck.. haha... i only know how to eat!!! =P