Thursday, March 26, 2009

bloody

Like what Siaw Tze had predicted, here I am, blogging about the interesting thing that happened today. Interesting and funny for them but certainly not for me. Another reason for me to hate needles. They hurt people. Sob sob. I went for aseptic technique lab today and we had to deal with ampoules, needles and syringes. Everything has to be done aseptically. It looked easy when we watched Jenny's demonstration. We even got to practise how to crack the ampoules and remove the cap from the needle several times. Everything was fine before I entered the LAF unit. When it was my turn, everything that looked easy to me initially turned out to be a mess. My ampoules looked ugly after the cracking. I scratched myself twice using the same sharp needle. I didn't realise that I was scratched by the needle until I saw something red on my finger. So, I turned my hand to have a better look. There went another scratch. A longer one. I ended up having to scratches on the same finger. Siaw Tze and Hsiu Li were predicting that I would hurt myself sooner or later if I were to continue using the same method to remove the cap from the needle. I was too rough. That's what they said. =( Another evidence showing that I'm indeed a rough person was I bent the needle when I was trying to remove the cap. Jenny said that she never witnessed anything like that. =S Am I that rough? She said that I must be very strong. (=.=)''' That's a better way to describe me as a rough person, I guess. Hope that my broth won't have any bacterial growth in it. PLEASE!!!!! My finger still bleed a little when I removed the plaster just now. I HATE NEEDLES, OK??? Please do not ask me to deal with needles in hospital in the future. I might kill the patients, seriously. What an unlucky day!!!!!





Might look minor to you but I'm sad over it. Needles are so sharp.

8 comments:

*jeSSicA* said...

what procedure are u doing??

LiNg WeNg said...

you mean in the lab???? i was removing the cap from the needle when i hurt myself.

*jeSSicA* said...

yea i mean wat u guys were doing with the needle...coz i dun understand how could u hurt urself when u removed the cap??

LiNg WeNg said...

hmmm... i'll demonstrate to you next time.. lol... i was just being too rough.. the usual me..

Unknown said...

hahaha.. just take time to use to the needle la.. :p u

wont kill patients with needle coz tat's doctor's job... don rebut our job.. :p

LiNg WeNg said...

lol... i sure won't!!!! i dislike needles so much!!!!!! =P

Yi Tyeng said...

OMG! Jenny said u're strong? Hahahahahaha!!!
P/S: Try not to be too nervous and try to do things slowly with extra care in ur next lab. I'm sure u'll be fine... =)

LiNg WeNg said...

yes... she said that i'm strong... haha... i'll try my best to do things ssssllllooooowwwwlllllyyyyy next time.........