Sunday, September 28, 2008

my one and only 21st

15th September 2008
a day to remember, forever

the day I turned 21
a day full of blessings
a new chapter of life begins from now...

That's for me =)

Presenting my lovely and yummy cookies and cream ice cream cake =P

It looked so much nicer with the candles lit up

Me, the birthday girl

Yi Tyeng, the organiser [thanks for all the surprises]

Group picture
without Hsiu Li, Venesy, Weena and Jeng
Thanks a lot for making my 21st birthday a special one...

from Yi Tyeng
[cried after reading the content of the card, thanks for your never ending support]


from Venesy

from Ah Wee, Siew Hui, Michelle

from those who gave me the midnight surprise

from Jessica

from Ah Wee

from Siew Hui

from Billy [all the way from India]

from Venesy, Zee Lin, Sari, Jeng, Kee Kuok

From Christy
[she gave me this because she knew that I'm sad
over the lost of my black bangle in Cotton On]


Let's talk about the midnight surprise, shall we? The plan began since don't-know-how-long ago. Yi Tyeng told me she had to accompany Yijia to Carousel to settle her bank stuff. I thought that I have nothing to do in Carousel so I didn't wanna follow. Few days later, she told me that she's going to Carousel again with Yijia due to the bank problem again. I needed to accompany Siaw Tze to see the doctor. So, I couldn't follow her to Carousel. On 13th September 2008 night, I went to talk to Yi Tyeng, as usual. It's Saturday. A time to relax a bit. She received a lot of call or perhaps she called some people. So, I'm so 38 that I went to ask her who called. Haha! Usually she won't ask me to leave her room unless I leave her room by myself. That night, after a short chit-chat, she asked me to go back and study since we will be having some tests the next week. I was like 'ok?'. Back to my room and I didn't think much about it. So, I continued to study for the upcoming tests. Suddenly, she knocked my door and told me there's something very 'geli' in the sink. I am that kinda 38 people. So, I really wanted to see what's in the sink. Thinking that it might be due to my disgusting housemate's art of work. Off I went! When I opened the door, I saw Jeng holding my birthday cake with the candles in the dark living room. I was like soooo shocked. Didn't expect that at all. I quickly turned back to avoid them seeing my surprised face. They laughed at me for being so shocked. LOL! I was indeed very surprised! Haha. They sang a birthday song for me, ate some cake, chit-chatted a bit. It was quite late. People had to leave. I led Weena to her car and when I went back home, Jeng, Hsiu Li and Venesy were gone. Too bad! We forgot to take a group picture together. Anyway, I had fun! Thanks for coming to my birthday surprise! Thanks a lot. Yi Tyeng, Siaw Tze, Yijia, Jia Huei, Claire, Candy, Yee Fang, Hsiu Li, Venesy, Jeng and Weena. =) Tricky Yi Tyeng. Planned everything so well. I totally believe in everything she said. Later, I remembered that she asked me if I like Paddle Pop Rainbow flavour ice-cream and I said yes. It tastes soooo good! Haha. That is actually a question to ensure that she has chosen the right flavour. If there's no cookies and cream ice cream cake, she'll need to get the rainbow flavour one. Yi Tyeng, Yi Tyeng! Great job! I seriously didn't expect anything. Just expect a normal midnight celebration on 14th September. She purposely made it a night early than 14th September. Seriously salute you, Goh Yi Tyeng! Thanks, girl! For all the effort! It turned out to be Yijia accompanying her to Carousel, rather than Yi Tyeng accompanying her to settle the bank stuff! Paka! That's all about my midnight surprise! Thanks again people! I know I'm very 'lo-so' for saying thank you so many times. Seriously appreciate it! Wanna say Thank You to dearest Christine as well for the post in her blog. =) Thanks to those who sms-ed me. Jessica, Wen Jun, Peifei, Michelle, Venesy, Siew Ting, Mom, Jeremy, Jesz, Jaclyn, Chau Wang, Yu Wan, Ryan, Yijia, Lukman. Thanks to Xin Ying, Yie Min, Bryan, Michael, Ash, Nooi Hoay, Chia Ling, Joanne, Yi Chin, Doreen, Chean Yeaw, Aaron, Shu Ling, Conney, Siew Ting, Amanda, Ah Wong, Victor, Yi Chiann, Kuok Yee, Jaishree, Siok Ngi, Joyce, Ting Ting, Wan Ling, and Everlyn who wished me a Happy Birthday. Last but not least, thanks a lot for making my 21st birthday a memorable one. Really appreciate your presence, people! All those wishes and gifts! Will keep them forever. Once again, thank you soooo much. Love you guys a lot. *hugs*

5 comments:

*jeSSicA* said...

awwww a nice post...! i realise that we're very alike in some ways le..this time it's thanking ppl...u think that ppl will say u lo-so for thanking so many times, but i'm kinda like u, like to thank ppl a lot when i really appreciate it =)

LiNg WeNg said...

hahaha... high 5, jess!!!!

Yi Tyeng said...

You're welcome x100... :P U said thank you so many times, I shall said "you're welcome" that many times as well. Haha! Naive ling weng... Feel so proud of myself. lol

Yi Tyeng said...

Just to add something, lying is not fun at all. So hard to hide something from you. Moreover ur room is just next to mine. :-S

LiNg WeNg said...

lol... u did a great job lo.... well done!!! Thanks again.... *hugs* lying for me... wah... i feel so proud... haha...