Thursday, December 31, 2009

the last morning of 2009

Surprisingly, I woke up at 9 something for the past two days (right after I complained that I woke up way too early for the past few days). I was quite shocked to realise that it was almost 10 when I looked my clock. Maybe I should thank my housemate for not making any noise early in the morning. =P I did wake up at about 7.30am but I slept back since there's nothing to do if I were to get up so early. I slept for more than 8 hours for the last two nights. Haha! Nowadays, I always go to bed at about 12.30am. Why? Just in case I wake up too early the next day, I still have 7 hours of sleep. Smart. It's good to sleep early. Better for your body. Last year when I was in Miri, I went to bed before midnight because there was nothing to do and nobody to chat with. Why is my life always so boring and dead? No idea.

It's 31st of December 2009. The last day of 2009. Malaysians will go for some countdown event while Australians will probably welcome 2010 by clubbing. Their life is all about drinking and clubbing. I would watch the countdown in Taiwan on TVBS every 31st December back at home but this year is gonna be slightly different as I'm not in Malaysia (so I don't have access to TVBS). My mom will usually cook a sumptuous dinner today and then we'll have supper from the leftovers while watching the show. This year, I'll just have pizzas at home and welcome 2010 by chatting with my friends. Haha!

Time to reflect what I've done for the past 365 days in 2009. I don't really know what to reflect on as reflection is not really my thing. Perhaps my studies? I didn't pass with flying colours (but I did pass with credits) solely because I didn't put much effort in my studies. Fair enough. No pain, no gain. I am a procrastinator and I think I'm gonna continue being one forever? I hope not. I shall make it one of my new year's resolutions then. Hehe. What else? What else? Hmm. This is like asking me to crap out some stuff just to answer the question in exam. >.< Let's start with the beginning of the semester. I got a very shocking news that was least expected but everyone around seemed to know about it before me. I hate this kinda feeling. Hate being the last to be informed but shit happens. You can't expect anyone to tell you everything that happens. You just have to move on, girl. No point of looking back and reminding yourself of the wound left behind. Why do you choose to rub salt into the wound when you can actually leave it there and move forward? The scar is always gonna be there just to remind you not to repeat the same mistake again. You'll eventually ignore the scar when it's time. Patience is all you need. =) I shall move on to my winter break. It was really fun to travel around Australia with my friends. Enjoyed the time we had together. That's gonna be my last winter break as I'll be very busy next year. No holidays for me. Next is my birthday. It was a GRAND celebration, I must say. Well, at least for me. Full of surprises. My birthday celebration gets merrier year by year. Thanks to all my besties. Love you all!!! I'm so blessed to have friends like you. Once again, thank you very much! What's next? Oh.. Spring. Spring is a season of love this year. So many new couples started their relationship this time of the year. All the best to you guys. Remember to invite me to your wedding in the future. =) Ok. Let's skip to summer break now. Friends from Adelaide came to visit this year. Chien Yen, Chui Shin, Sze Shen, Adeline and Weina. Hopefully, they had fun in Perth (a boring place). Before they came, I'd been trying to look for a job in a pharmacy but gave up in the end. Those two interviews that I went for were not fruitful. Sad, I must say. But I couldn't do much about it. If I know that I couldn't get a job, I would've booked an earlier flight back to my home sweet home. I'm still going back on 11th January. Sigh~ Being alone in Perth is frustrating. I guess I'll spend my time walking around Perth and take some pictures? Shall see how it goes. Now, it's time for new year's resolution. I don't usually think about it because I just live my life as it goes. Perhaps, study smarter and harder so that I can graduate? Lose some fat by controlling my diet and exercising more? Spend less money on clothes, shoes, accessories since I'm jobless? Complain less as I need to learn to be more grateful? The list goes on and on. I guess that's about it. New year is the time to celebrate a new beginning, a time to wish all your friends and loved ones a happy new year. I wanna wish everyone a double dose of health and happiness topped with loads of good fortune. Let's say goodbye to 2009 (the grudges, sadness, pain, fear and regrets) and welcome 2010 together. =)

Wish I could watch this tonight.

No comments: