Sunday, August 24, 2008

blessed

My dad just called few minutes ago. This was the first time he personally called me. Usually, my mom would call and chat a lot with me. My dad will talk to me for a few minutes after that if he has something to say. I was quite surprised to hear his voice today when I picked the phone up. It's been a long time since I used the word 爸爸. Suddenly miss home a lot. When he asked if everything is ok, I just said, "Ya. Everything's ok." The usual questions that he'll ask are about the weather, time, and studies. He then repeated the question if everything is ok. I think that I can deal with my own problems so yea, I said that everything's fine. Don't have to make them worried about me so much. I'm a big girl [almost 21] and I can handle my own problems [I think]. I told him that I'm having my tuition free week now and that I have some assignments to do as well as some tests to study for. He mentioned that he didn't call for quite some time. That's why he called today. Well, my parents don't usually call me every week. I'm used to it. They will usually chat with me via MSN which I think is more convenient and cheaper because they don't have to spend money on the IDD card for the international call. So, basically it was a short conversation between me and my dad but I can feel the love from him. It's been quite some time since the last time I feel some love from people around me. He makes me feel so loved. I feel so blessed.

No comments: