Thursday, March 20, 2008

Trip to Rottnest Island (15-03-2008)

Last Saturday, three Curtin's second year's pharmacy students from Unit 5 [Michelle, Yi Tyeng, Ling Weng] joined a trip to Rottnest Island organised by VH. I think that was my best Saturday ever since I came back to Perth.

We gathered in front of VH prior to our departure

I started to camwhore with Yi Tyeng in the bus since we had nothing to do

Took a picture before getting onto the ferry to Rottnest Island in Fremantle

Didn't get the chance to take a picture of us here [coz there were too many people waiting for their turns]

Nice photo [taken by Michelle]

Taken by courtesy of a Japanese guy [arigato]

Three of us with our bikes [Michelle brought her own bike]

The map that we can count on [very useful]

The Basin [blue blue sea]

Took a photo together before leaving The Basin

Like the scenery here

Our lunch at a cafe near Geordie Bay [cost us about AUD 10 each]

The cute animal that you can find in the island [quokka]

It was scorching H-O-T on that day [sweat]

Forgot the name of this bay =s

Me at Stark Bay

Three of us in the cool water [super 'song']

my Nike shoes got so dirty due to the sand

We didn't have sufficient time to explore the whole island. We only managed to cycle around half of the island. So, I think I'll find a time to explore the island again. I love cycling so much. I was so happy that I could cycle around the island for the whole day although it was kinda energy-consuming [especially when you need to cycle up the hill]. I think I turned into a small little girl when I started to cycle. It was really my happiest Saturday ever.

We were a bit tired on our way back to the ferry. Yi Tyeng and I nearly missed the ferry back to Fremantle because we had to wait for the kinda-long-queue to return the bikes. Luckily, Michelle booked two seats for us. =)

Rottnest Island is highly recommended for everyone in Perth. It's a great place where you won't be smothered by any stress or sadness at all. Free from stress!!!! Isn't that great?? I felt so happy, excited and hyperactive after the trip. Hehe. Don't believe me?? You can ask either Michelle of Yi Tyeng. So, people!!!! Plan a trip to Rottnest Island and get ready for a trip that you'll never ever regret. Trust me......

4 comments:

*jeSSicA* said...

too bad la....i cant cycle.

LiNg WeNg said...

very easy de.... be brave... learn how to cycle... cycling is soooooooooooo F-U-N!!!!!!

Yi Tyeng said...

Yes yes, rottnest trip was so fun... Count me in if u're gonna go again. Btw,since u'd uploaded so many photos here, when i wanna blog bout tis later i'll link to ur blog.... Hehe... :P Thank u thank u!

LiNg WeNg said...

haha... lazy girl.... i'll sure ask you to join me for another trip to rottnest.... hehe....