Thursday, March 06, 2008


I don't know why I always do stupid / embarrassing stuff in Chemistry lab. That happened several time in my first year. Embarrassing stuff happened again in my second year. Sigh!

Was supposed to transfer the aspirin into an oven which is at about 60ºc. Tried to figure out where the oven is located in Room 114.

I thought this is the oven but it showed 27ºc instead of 60ºc. Yijia was holding the aspirin in the aluminium dish while I was trying my very best to open the cover. Couldn't open it at all until.....
Rodney (our coursemate) suddenly came into the room (looked at us for a while) and walked towards.....


..... this. He opened the door and took out his aspirin from this OVEN. So this is the oven that we were looking for. It was so embarrassing. Kinda stupid too because the room is so small and both of us couldn't figure out which is the oven.


Another embarrassing thing that happened in Pharmaceutical Chemistry lab is due the word 'chui sam' (take off your clothes in cantonese). Yie Min said that he felt a bit heaty in the lab so I asked him to 'choi sam'. I pronounced it wrongly in front of a person who speaks cantonese from the day he was born (U Kin Fong). So embarrassing. He thought I was talking about 'choi sam' = 'cai xin' in chinese and of course he laughed at me. Yijia thought so too. She even commented on my canto. =( I know my canto is not good enough since I learned it from the Hong Kong drama and never practised it. Sorry lo~~

2 comments:

Yi Tyeng said...

Don't worry. I made the same mistake as u as well. At least u went into the right room. I left my aspirin in the hot room ok. So paiseh.... :P

LiNg WeNg said...

LOL.... not bad la... at least i can always laugh and crap a lot in this lab... hehe....